ABSL has awarded the most important projects of the business services industry
One of the most dynamic industries in Romania, last night, named the winners. During the fourth edition of the ABSL Awards Gala, 7 companies from the business services industry were awarded for the projects realized during the past year. Innovation and Excellence were the most important criteria for the designation of the winners.
The winning companies are, for the most part, shared service centers that serve between 5 and 29 countries and therefore have a significant global impact.
The winners of this year are:
- Hewlett – Packard Enterprise (Business Leader in Business Excelence)
- Paid Analytix (Business Leader in Business Innovation)
- Stefanini Romania (Business Leader in Customer Experience)
- Telus International & Wipro Techonologies SRL (Business Leader in CSR)
- SCC Services Romania (Business Leader in Talent Development & Education)
- Hewlett – Packard Enterprise (Business Leader in Vibrant Workplace)
- Tiberiu Anca – Colt Technology Services (Colleague of the Year Award)
Of the 59 ABSL member companies, 8 were able to impress the jury with the developed projects. This year’s jury was made up of 9 industry representatives:
- Andreia Stanciu (Head of ACCA – South-Eastern Europe)
- Aurelia Luca (Managing Director – Skanska Property Romania)
- Elena Ardelean (Dealer Business Manager Central Europe – Steelcase Inc.)
- Madalina Vilau (Managing Director – Marketing Insiders)
- Mihaela Perianu (Managing Partner – Dale Carnegie Romania)
- Raluca Andreea Popa (Advisor at Ministry for Business, Trade and Entrepreneurship)
- Richard Perrin (Advisory Partner, Head of Advisory – KPMG)
- Sándor Márk Bodnár (Managing Director – Hays Romania)
- Silviana Petre Badea (Managing Director – JLL Romania)
The 2019 ABSL Gala aimed to identify and highlight the important projects, with the most visible impact in the business environment and in the community, conducted by the members of the organization last year.
The event was attended by over 170 people, top representatives of the business and academic environment and authorities.
Projects that have been noted for Excellence, Innovation and Community Involvement
Hewlett – Packard Enterprise is the Business Leader in Business Excellence
The global order processing team is responsible for managing orders for equipment and hardware solutions by validating the information needed to make reservations and placing them in the system, ensuring the elimination of all lock codes that can stop production. The “No Touch” order processing program was launched to shorten the time between placing the order and starting the production, improving the collaboration system for partners and customers and thus optimizing the operational and organizational process.
Paid Analytix is the Business Leader in Business Innovation
According to studies, medium and large companies may incur losses of up to 1% of payments due to operational errors or even fraud scenarios. The company’s solution is an online platform that, by using artificial intelligence, can identify errors with a much higher degree of accuracy compared to conventional tools and can help the client to control these losses of information.
Stefanini Romania is the Business Leader in Customer Experience
Stefanini made the transition from SLA (Service Level Agreement) to XLA (Experience Level Agreement). The main objective in 2018 was to transform a status quo that brought many challenges into an unexpected experience through the following actions:
- a SWOT analysis for both the client and the company;
- elaboration and implementation of an action plan that has a strong project management in the center;
- involvement of end-user communities is a priority objective;
- focus on realigning and adjusting priorities.
Telus International and Wipro Techonologies SRL are Business Leaders in CSR
During the 6th TELUS Romania Thanksgiving, 250 team members volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity association to build the Buftea Community Center. The center aims to offer: extracurricular activities, workshops, hot meals and psychological counseling for 50 children daily and educational activities, held annually, for more than 150 vulnerable children.
Last year, Wipro carried out several projects dedicated to education, health and the environment. The projects for which they were awarded within this gala, focused on education:
- Teach for Romania, the Sohatu School project from Călărași county
- The St. Faustina educational center, which supports the education of the long-term hospitalized children at Marie Curie
SCC Services Romania is the Business Leader in Talent Development & Education
Launched in 2016, the FLAME program (Fundamentals in Education Leadership and Management) aims to identify and to prepare the current and future leaders within the organization, with the knowledge and skills needed, to coordinate operational teams. Over 120 team managers, supervisors and managers participated in the program.
Hewlett – Packard Enterprise is the Business Leader in the Vibrant Workplace
Because organizational culture is directly connected to a vibrant environment, HPE provides employees with platforms to increase their curiosity, energy and enthusiasm. Social responsibility, support for people with disabilities, the creation of opportunities for professional development are the main platforms to which employees have access. Thus, a group of 54 volunteers from the company works 4 to 8 extra hours a month to develop these projects.
Tiberiu Anca – Facility Manager at Colt Technology Services is Colleague of the Year Award
Tiberiu Anca is known as a dedicated person and one who brings joy and optimism to the workplace.
ABSL is the most important organization representing the business services sector and brings together the most important companies in the industry. 125,000 employees, representing approx. 1.5% of the active population of Romania, works in this industry.
Romania is in the first place in the category of mature outsourcing markets, with over 265 companies, a motivated workforce, well prepared, very good foreign language speaker, cost competitive and culturally close to European values.