Mihai Bondar, Director, Service Centres SCC
- Tell us a few words about your company, services provided and type of roles you accommodate.
Established in 1975, SCC (Specialized Computer Center) is part of Rigby Group, family-owned company, operating across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. SCC delivers IT services to more than 2500 customers in more than 50 countries, supporting five million users. They operate out of 75 locations in the UK, France, Romania and Spain.
SCC Romania, Global Delivery Center provides UK and European customers a wide range of services to support:
- Workplace Productivity (Audio Visual Services, Applications Sequencing & Packaging Application Patching, Service Desk, Service Request management, Incident, Problem and Change Management);
- Networks and Communications (Data Center Networking, Network Security);
- Business Process Outsourcing;
- What makes your company a great place to work for?
Over the past few years, SCC build a people centric culture through which each employee understands the value and contribution they bring to the business strategic objectives and the way to achieve them. To support employee integration and growth SCC successfully designed and implemented different HR programs, e.g: Onboarding & Mentoring, Performance Management, and a couple more to come soon: Learning Leadership by Working with People, Career Management; Training Administration module.
- Give us more details about the company’s culture and working vibe/atmosphere.
In SCC we value opened and transparent goal orientated discussions. Giving and receiving feedback is one of the core skills that we train and practice the most as a manager. We encourage our employees to learn, grow and practice new skills constantly, to be able to manage the challenges that digital era brings us.
- Do you ensure career paths to your employees?
Yes, we have a process through which employees know from day 1 what are the skills required for the job, what is missing and how they can train to level-up. In the same time SCC has pre-defined career paths to support employee growth and also we’ve implemented mentoring programs for those that want to discover and try a total new direction, like transition from a BPO position to a technical role. Another argument that proves that SCC support employee growth is that 95% of SCC management positions are filled from within.
- What trainings do you offer?
Based on the skills required for the job we develop a series of trainings that we deliver internally with the help of our own training team. We also collaborate with external partners to train and certify our employees on different project management methodologies and IT technologies, e.g. Prince, SCRUM, ITIL, Lean Six Sigma, MTA Certifications, Comptia,…
Also, to ensure flexibility and give employees the opportunity to grow and develop skills in different areas, we will sign soon a collaboration with two eLearning Platforms: LinkedIn and A Cloud Guru Platform.
- You know how dynamic our industry is – so what is your strategy to keep your employees engaged, motivated and boost their creativity so they can innovate?
All our HR programs, presented above, are employee centric and aimed to keep employees engaged. Indeed, the job is becoming more and more difficulted that’s way, soon, we intend to organize an Employee Engagement Survey, to take the pulse of the company, to identify and address potential issues. The program will include 2 surveys – Staff Survey & Engagement drivers and 5 workshops – Workplace values, My role in the company, Development opportunities, My team, Leadership.
- We’re all unique, so how do you succeed to answer to different needs that your employees might have?
Adapting. We are not 100% oriented on procedures, this comes with many benefits but also with challenges, especially when we have to integrate new hires. When something doesn’t work, we are going back to the drawing table and brainstorm for solutions and new ways to achieve objectives.
- Tell us more about your diversity and inclusion strategy.
From the very start you will be impressed with the culture within SCC. Everyone is approachable and willing to help. Combine this with the incredible amount of resource available to help you close deals and you have a great formula for success.
- Our industry is well known for the employee’s benefits. Tell us more about the ones that you are offering (maybe something rare or unique).
Learning by working it is our mantra. Learning is our ‘super power’, we give our employees the opportunity to learn, improve their skills and then the opportunity to promote within the company. Other types of benefits SCC offers: medical insurance, language bonus, meal tickets, annual performance bonuses, flexible hours, transport allowances.
- What did your employees appreciated in your offices and how do you think the working (from the office) environment will change post pandemic? What are the new top features?
The modern workplace is hybrid. SCC brings together technology and expertise enabling end-users to seamlessly collaborate and work together, wherever work needs to happen.
SCC’s managed IT services and solutions, industry leading technology partnerships and specialised knowledge spanning over 45 years working with the UK’s largest public sector and commercial sector organisations can help you realise the hybrid workplace for your business.
- Some of the employees appreciate WFH and also the flexibility it comes when choosing their location and program. Besides that, it’s a huge opportunity for companies to access new talent pools. Did your company consider working from anywhere? This includes anywhere in Romania or also abroad?
For some roles, yes we consider this a possibility here in Romania.
- Do you intend to have specific benefits for the ones that choose one way of working or another?
No, all the benefits will be the same for all our colleagues
- Is there a channel/web page where people can learn more about your company and career opportunities?
Sure, one click away: https://ro.scc.com/