Daniel Reisenauer, Managing Director
- Tell us a few words about your company, services provided and type of roles you accommodate.
Visma delivers software that simplifies and digitises core business processes in the private and public sector. With presence across the entire Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe, we are one of Europe’s leading software companies. With over 11,000 employees, more than 1,000,000 customers and net revenue of € 1 526 million in 2019, Visma is one of Europe’s leading software companies.
We have big range of open positions, but our main ones are:
- C# Developers
- Java Developers
- Front-End Developers (Angular, React, vue.js)
- Mobile Developers (Android, iOS)
- Infrastructure Engineers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Technical QA’s
- What makes your company a great place to work for?
We have at our roots the Scandinavian work culture.
Meaning we encourage each employee to work in their own style, support open communication, thrive on building trusting relationships, encourage flexibility from any point of view and put huge emphasis on work-life balance. In addition to working in a team of professionals, our teams participate in conferences every year (local and abroad) in order to learn and develop, we even offer personal development time and, of course, we must also mention our outdoor adventures and long lasting experiences accumulated in team-buildings.
- Give us more details about the company’s culture and working vibe/atmosphere.
As mentioned above, our work environment is based on it’s Scandinavic roots, defined by courage, confidence and with a big emphasis on the quality of life at work and outside it. Employees have a say in the work they do, which results in bigger engagement and increased responsibility. Visma teams have the necessary support to coordinate projects, make decisions and manage their time as they see fit. At the same time, life in Visma includes participation in technical courses, conferences, and the opportunity to add internationally recognized certifications to your experience – theory is then put into practice and the preferred method to do so are hackathons because it gives the satisfaction of bringing something new to the project. We also openly encourage employees to be themselves at work, but also in their day to day by developing hobbies and activities outside the office.
- Do you ensure career paths to your employees?
In Visma performance management is not just a once-a-year evaluation, but a continuous, positive collaboration between employee and manager. By staying always connected to your manager, you can adjust your work and performance according to the real priorities of the company.
- What trainings do you offer?
Our team can be sure they have access to technical courses, tickets to local and international conferences, and the opportunity to add internationally recognized certifications to their experience. Besides plenty of in-house courses, they can access learning platforms like: O’Reilly (Safaribooks Online), Pluralsight, Udemy, Secure Code Warrior.
- We are all unique, so how do you succeed to answer to different needs that your employees might have?
By treating each employee as an individual.
Without different perspectives, there would be no “thinking outside the box”, no innovation and no pushing the limits. That’s why we focus on building diversity and giving everyone in the company a chance to speak their mind and share their perspectives. It’s quite simple: inclusive thinking sparks better business results.
- Tell us more about your diversity and inclusion strategy.
Diversity is strength. It makes our solutions better, increases equality in our workplace, and builds a more versatile work culture
Through various measures for diversity and inclusion, we take steps we believe will lead to a more dynamic, happy, and innovative company. When it comes to diversity, gender balance is one of the most pressing areas that we can impact. Despite good progress, women remain underrepresented in tech and leadership positions. Fortunately we have many opportunities to drive change, guided by data.
Visma is proud to be ranked #23 out of 15,000 European companies for inclusiveness, as ranked by employees -Financial Times (FT) recently released its second annual Diversity Leaders report. Over 100 000 employees across 16 European countries responded to an independent survey to assess the diversity performance of the companies where they work. Respondents evaluated their employers on diversity measures such as age, gender, ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation.
- Our industry is well known for the employee’s benefits. Tell us more about the ones that you are offering (maybe something rare or unique).
In addition to working alongside very talented people, we also offer a wide range of benefits that our team can take advantage of.
- In-house Hackathons – let’s find the best ideas and implement something new;
- Self-improvement Day – we love to see our team in its best shape. That is why we offer you one day, every two weeks, to study and become better;
- Tickets to conferences – local and international.
- Amazing outdoor adventures: from canoeing to rafting, from running to cycling, from paragliding to archery, to something more casual like trakking, we love to keep our blood pumping and, in some cases, even do a good deed or two for society.
- Company holiday apartments in Spain and France;
Join us for the full list :).
- What did your employees appreciated in your offices and how do you think the working (from the office) environment will change post pandemic? What are the new top features?
We know that remote work works, but we also know that it is always good to have the benefits of coming to the office. We don’t want to take away the flexibility we offered over the past year or so, but we do want to get back those elements of the office that we all missed. Keeping all of that in mind, and in line with what benefits we want to offer in the near future, Visma will introduce, starting this summer, the Visma Hybrid Working Model.
- Some of the employees appreciate WFH and also the flexibility it comes when choosing their location and program. Besides that, it’s a huge opportunity for companies to access new talent pools. Did your company consider working from anywhere? This includes anywhere in Romania or also abroad?
Our main goal remains flexibility.
Every Visma Romania employee is free to work from anywhere in Romania, to work from home as much as they feel it’s necessary and to come to the office when they feel it’s necessary.
We’ve discovered this past year that Visma’s culture is not only encountered in our office; it’s what you do as an organization and how we work together. What we do does not change because we offer the opportunity to work from home/remote/office; it rather shows that we care about the individual and embrace flexibility and adaptability.
- Do you intend to have specific benefits for the ones that choose one way of working or another?
With the introduction of the Visma Hybrid Working Model those who chose to work from the office more often will benefit from a permanent desk and the other will be able to book a flexible desk, but besides that and the company of other colleagues, that the ones who choose to work from the office will enjoy, we are working on keeping all benefits aligned for all employees.
- Is there a channel/web page where people can learn more about your company and career opportunities?
Show us a company that does not have a channel or a page :).
If you are curious to embrace the benefits of the scandinavian work environment visit our career pages here: www.visma.ro or, like our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram, subscribe to our Youtube channel!