Silviu Dragomir, Co-Founder &Managing Partner Eucom Business Language
- What was the most challenging thing your company, people, and you, personally, had to face in 2020?
2020 has felt like many years all in one. 😊 One could say a lot about this year, but I would like to remember it as a plentiful year, that has taught us a lot of lessons in a very short time. One lesson was that we can always find solutions to challenges if we have the right attitude. The most challenging thing for us was not being at the office anymore. As a team we enjoy greatly each other’s presence, spending time together and engaging in all sorts of activities. Starting from March 2020, the entire team has been doing remote work, which translates into less social interaction. However, we did find solutions. One of them was the weekly “Drinking coffee together” meeting and the monthly “Chance to learn in Eucom” program.
- What pleasantly surprised you last year? / What are you grateful for?
I am deeply grateful to 2020 for having amazing and dear people by my side. It is them, the people in my life, that I want to thank and show my full appreciation to. Because back in March, they gave me the confidence to look to the future with optimism, and together, in only 2 days, we managed to move our entire activity online. In those moments we were all together, clients, partners, trainees, trainers, assessors, head office, management, we listened to each other, we were open to suggestions and focused on finding solutions. All that mattered was the common good. And that is exactly what we achieved. Everyone came out on the winning side.
- What are your plans and expectations for 2021?
We will continue our vision of positively impacting people, as in 10 years’ time, we want to be the “bridge to the world” for 500,000 trainees. We want to help them discover new worlds, new universes, explore their potential, and through their work, live their values and mission every day.
At the same time, we are preparing new programs and improving the existing ones based on the feedback received from our clients, examining at the same time the opportunities of expanding our activity and conquering the international market.
- What do you foresee it will be different this year and what impact it will have on our industry/Romania/your company/your people?
In 2020, digital shifted from something “nice-to-have” to a “must-have”. In 2021, companies will accelerate their digital transformation and this will result in fundamental changes to the way a business operates. A digital transformation allows for faster innovation and adaptation while providing a pathway to improvement. Our focus has always been on digitalisation. Take for example our Agile Learning Program. It combines technology with human interaction in a perfect way. So, to conclude here, good things are about to happen as long as we are open-minded.
- What is your message for the ABSL community?
May the year 2021 be a healthy and inspired one! I’ll share with you 3 of the most important lessons I have learnt so far:
- never stop improving. One should keep in mind that we’re always learning, that everything can be a resource for learning, whether it is a success or a failure.
- create a team that believes in the same values as you do. If you have understanding and commitment, it will be easier for every business player to participate in the actions required to obtain profit. The most important thing in doing business is trust. If you’ve reached this point, you’re on the right track.
- the most important thing is that at the end of the day you see your worth and the impact you have had on the people around you.
- What could we do to grow stronger as a community?
You’re doing a wonderful job. I am proud to be a member of this community. So, keep going! I can’t wait to attend your live events again. 😊
- A message for ABSL or a suggestion.